Depending on your requirement, there are two available specialty fluids 3M™ Novec™ 1720 and Solvay's Fluorolink® S10.
3M™ Novec™ Device Coatings - Novec 1720 and Novec 2202
Easy clean coatings are designed for device surfaces to help keep them looking good and functioning properly. They impart an anti-smudge, easy to clean surface for anti-reflective (AR) flat panel displays; pellicles; MEMS; fibre optics and other glass and glass-like surfaces. Using spray or dip application, an ultra-thin coating can be applied to your device surface for consistent, full coverage.
- Low viscosity and surface tension make it exceptionally thin (less than 10 nanometers)
- Optically transparent, so it won't affect the look of the device
- Thermal curing adds chemical and abrasion resistance
- Hydrophobic and oleophobic: Excellent repellency for quick and easy clean-up of the surface from a variety of contaminants
- Anti-smudge: Resists the accumulation of fingerprints, oils, liquids, grime and cosmetics
- Improved lubricity: Makes the surface feel smooth and appealing
- Low global warming potential (GWP) solvents with zero ozone depletion potential (ODP)
- Exempt from the U.S. EPA definitions for volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Not scheduled for regulatory phasedown or phase-out
- Low in toxicity with a wide margin of worker safety
Fluorolink® S10 is a triethoxysilane terminated, bifunctional PFPE designed to be used as a surface treatment primarily for glass, siliceous surfaces, metals, and in general any substrate having -OH groups available on the surface.
A thin layer of Fluorolink® S10 is able to impart outstanding water and oil repellence, friction reduction and antisticking properties to the treated surface.
Additional benefits of Fluorolink® S10 include low refractive index, good resistance to weathering, solvents and abrasion.